PEPTIDE THERAPY IS PERFORMANCE, LONGEVITY AND COGNITION
Your medical provider will discuss many options with you. Together, you and your provider will create a plan to help you meet your health, wellness and performance goals.
PHOTOPROTECTION, LIBIDO, INFLAMMATION
Peptides have changed the way we think about regenerative medicine and how we optimize health and slow down the aging process. Finding the right provider to lead you to success has never been more important. At PRAMAH, we guide you every step of the way.
Be Your Best; Outperform The Rest
Today, peptides can be used alone or in combination with other peptides (stacks). They have proven to drive up energy, repair injuries, optimize the immune system and increase cognition. We believe in the craft of medicine and the building of relationships. When you succeed, so do we.
WHAT IS MELANOTAN II
Melanotan II is a peptide created to mimic the composition and effects of a naturally-occurring hormone called the melanocyte-stimulating hormone (MSH). MSH is involved in skin pigmentation, energy homeostasis, sexual functioning, the immune system, inflammation, and the cardiovascular system.
It is similar to melanotan I which is marked as Afamelanotide and Scenesse which is FDA approved as an implant under the skin for prevention of phototoxicity in patients with Erythropoetic Protoporphyria.
WHAT ARE THE POSSIBLE BENEFITS OF MELANOTAN II
- Tanning by a process called melanogenesis
- Protection from phototoxicity ie photoprotective in those with Erythropoietic Protoporphyria
- Improves libido
- Boosts the immune system by activating Treg cells and improves Th1/Th17 balance
- Reduces inflammatory in chronic diseases, including inflammatory bowel diseases (ulcerative colitis, irritable bowel syndrome, Crohn’s)
- Reduces appetite and improves lipid and glucose regulation
- Neuroprotective by decreases neuroinflammation post brain injury, brain ischemia, spinal cord injury and increase regenerative capacity of peripheral nerves in post lesion repair
- Potential use in alcohol and drug abuse, including opioids, cocaine (reward cascade supportive)
- Improve cardiovascular effects, including anti-inflammation, reperfusion and blood pressure elevation
HOW DOES MELANOTAN II WORK
Melanotan is a synthetic version of the hormone melanocortin. This hormone, which is secreted by the pituitary gland located at the base of your brain, aids in regulating your body’s growth and development. Melanocortin is a vital element in maintaining the body's energy level.
Melanocortin aids in stimulating and accelerating your body’s production of the skin darkening pigment, melanin. This pigment absorbs the ultraviolet radiation from the sun and therefore darkens the skin.
WHAT IS THE DOSAGE OF MELANOTAN II
- dosing is not an exact but requires experience in use
- general dose is 200 mcg SubQ daily for 1 week
- adjust according to pigment changes
- after pigment stabilizes, 100 mcg SC 2 x a week
- 50 mcg daily SubQ and adjust
- 200 mcg daily SubQ for 6-8 weeks
- use until clinical effects are pronounced
- sexual stimulation occurs gradually so more long term benefits
- standard dosing of 200 mcg can cause inc
WHAT ARE THE SIDE EFFECTS OF MELANOTAN II
Potential Side Effects:
- Melanotan II peptide given subcutaneously is reported safe and efficacious in recommended dosages.
- As with all injections, redness and pain at the site of injection may be present. Only purchase 98% purity and greater
Side effects reported with melanotan II include :
- Nausea, vomiting, yawning, and a delayed onset of erection (approximately 2 hours)
- Changes in melanocytic lesions have been reported when using melanotan injections and tanning beds concurrently
- Melanotan II use may result in priapism in men if recommended dosage not followed
- Do not use if there is a personal or family history of melanoma or non-melanoma skin cancer
- Use with caution if a history of hypertension is present.4 o Anecdotal reports of short-term increases in blood pressure after injection are also reported, especially in those pre-disposed to hypertension
- It is not recommended to use melanotan I or II If using laser treatments, micro needle, micro abrasion, chemical peels, or getting a tattoo due to increased melanocyte activation which can lead to darker spots around treatment areas
- It is NOT recommended to use PT-141 injection concurrently with a PDE5 inhibitor in men due to risk of priapism