PEPTIDE THERAPY IS PERFORMANCE, LONGEVITY AND COGNITION
Your medical provider will discuss many options with you. Together, you and your provider will create a plan to help you meet your health, wellness and performance goals.
SYNAPSIN (RG3 / Nicotinamide Ribose)
BRAIN HEALTH, MEMORY, RECOVERY
Peptides have changed the way we think about regenerative medicine and how we optimize health and slow down the aging process. Finding the right provider to lead you to success has never been more important. At PRAMAH, we guide you every step of the way.
Be Your Best; Outperform The Rest
Today, peptides can be used alone or in combination with other peptides (stacks). They have proven to drive up energy, repair injuries, optimize the immune system and increase cognition. We believe in the craft of medicine and the building of relationships. When you succeed, so do we.
WHAT IS SYNAPSIN (RG3 / Nicotinamide Ribose)
Synapsin® is an innovative blend of ginsenoside Rg3, nicotinamide riboside, and inactive ingredients used to aid in absorption and distribution.
Ginseng and ginsenosides have been shown to improve learning and memory as determined by behavioral analysis by a mechanism involving alteration of synaptic plasticity (strengthens synapse between neurons) and an increase in neurogenesis (generation of neurons), thereby affecting neuronal density (Kim, 2013).
What this means is ginseng is thought to strengthen the synapse between brain cells and create more neurons, which are the cells that send and receive signals from your brain
It is commonly used in combination with methylcobalamin or hydroxocobalamin in formulations to support neuronal function, increase cognition and reduce brain inflammation.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF SYNAPSIN
Traumatic brain injury (TBI) is a leading cause of injury, death and disability in the U.S.
In addition, as we age, memory impairment is thought to be a consequence of decline in neuronal function and increase in neurodegeneration, with oxidative stress as a major factor in brain aging and memory impairment.
More than one million adults in the U.S. are diagnosed annually with a chronic brain disease or disorder, with Alzheimer’s disease being the most prevalent cause of adult-onset brain disorders.
Synapsin can also be used for neuronal degradation caused by aging, chronic stress, or executive burnout.
Benefits of Synapsin may include:
- Supports neuronal health
- Supports NAD+ production in the central and peripheral nervous system
- Supports healthy sirtuin expression
- May aid in memory improvement
- Helps improve brain fog
- Stroke / TIA recovery
- Improves methylation and decreases homocysteine formation. Elevated homocysteine levels are reported to increase cognitive decline including those with Alzheimer’s Disease and vascular dementia
HOW DOES SYNAPSIN WORK
Ginsenoside Rg3 is one of several triterpene saponins (ginsenosides) found in the plant genus Panax, including Panax ginseng (Asian ginseng) and Panax quinquifolius (American ginseng).
Laboratory studies report that Rg3 extracted from Panax ginseng supports neuroprotection, helping to support healthy microglial activity and healthy neuronal function.
Nicotinamide riboside (NR) is a form of vitamin B3 found in cow’s milk.5 Laboratory studies report administration of nicotinamide riboside supports healthy levels of NAD+ in yeast and cultured human and mammalian cells. NR is reported to be incorporated into the cellular NAD+ pool via the action of nicotinamide riboside kinase (Nrk) pathway or via nicotinamide (Nam) salvage after conversion to Nam by phosphorolysis.
Laboratory studies have also reported the supportive and neuroprotective role for NAD+. In laboratory studies, nicotinamide riboside supports neuronal NAD+ synthesis without inhibiting sirtuins, which are important regulators of metabolism and longevity.
WHO CAN BENEFIT FROM SYNAPSIN
This brilliant compound can benefit individuals who are looking for better memory and more brain focus and clarity, in general.
However, it is, especially, beneficial for patients that suffered from TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury) that affected their cognitive function, such as:
- NFL players with concussions
- Military personal after being in a combat zone
- Motor Vehicle Accident
- Electric shock
- Violence injury
Synapsin has also been shown to be of potential benefit in:
- Alzheimer’s (Dementia)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- ADHD Autoimmune Disorders
- ALS (Lou Gehrig’s Disease)
- Lyme Disease
- Chronic Stress Situations
- Executive burnout
- Lifestyle stress
WHAT IS THE DOSAGE OF SYNAPSIN
Synapsin is normally compounded into a nasal spray. The nasal spray can cross the blood-brain barrier to affect the microglial cells much more effectively than other dosage forms such as oral therapy.
It is important for the medication to reach those cells to help with inflammation directly.
Dosing is normally recommended to start with one spray into each nostril once daily. The patient can be instructed to increase the dose up based off symptoms and results up to a maximum of no more than two sprays into each nostril three times daily.
- Synapsin 2 / 50 mg per ml in a 15 ml nasal spray bottle
- Synapsin 2 / 50 mg per ml 30 ml nasal spray bottle
- Dosing is normally recommended to start with one spray into each nostril once daily. The patient can be instructed to increase the dose up based off symptoms and results up to a maximum of no more than two sprays into each nostril three times daily.
- Example: Synapsin 2 mg/50 mg per ml in a 15 ml spray bottle - 2 sprays each nostril twice daily would last approximately 37 days days ( 1 ml = 10 sprays)
- To help with stability, it has been found best to store this medication in the refrigerator.
- Delivering a cold nasal spray dose can contribute to the previously mentioned side effects so rolling the bottle in your hands may help minimize these side effects.
WHAT ARE THE SIDE EFFECTS OF SYNAPSIN
The side effects are not well documented. Patients have reported:
- stinging/burning in nostrils.
HOW CAN I OBTAIN SYNAPSIN
This medication requires a prescription from a licensed practitioner.
Our providers at PRAMAH are happy to discuss Synapsin or any other medication with you.
We place orders for prescribed medication from reputable compounding pharmacies.
We choose pharmacies that are:
- Regulated/Inspected by State Boards of Pharmacy
- Regulated/Inspected by FDA as well as most State Boards of Pharmacy
- Have Independent Third-Party Validation
- Registered with NABP, NASP, or PCAB