WHAT IS TIRZEPATIDE (MOUNJARO)
WEIGHT LOSS INJECTABLE
WHAT IS TIRZEPATIDE (MOUNJARO)
- Tirzepatide (Mounjaro) was developed by Danish pharmaceutical company Novo Nordisk. FDA-approved medication designed to help people with type 2 diabetes control their blood sugar levels.
- While it is not specifically approved for weight loss yet, many doctors prescribe it off-label to help patients lose weight
- Tirzepatide (Mounjaro) can be an effective tool for individuals struggling with weight loss
HOW DOES TIRZEPATIDE (MOUNJARO) WORK
Tirzepatide (Mounjaro) is a GLP-1 receptor agonist. It works by that stimulating insulin release in response to high blood glucose levels. It primarily functions by releasing hormones insulin and glucagon. They both help to reduce decrease appetite, cravings, food intake and promote feelings of fullness.
With weight loss, Tirzepatide (Mounjaro) may help to reduce body fat, lower blood sugar and reduce bad cholesterol.
In addition to significant reductions in body fat and, Tirzepatide (Mounjaro) has shown to increase metabolic rate and fat burning.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF TIRZEPATIDE (MOUNJARO)
- Reduce fat tissue in the abdominal area
- May increase lean muscle mass
- Improve liver function
- May enhance cognition
- Lowers triglycerides
- May improve heart health
- Shown to be helpful in peripheral nerve damage
WHAT IS THE DOSAGE OF TESAMORELIN (EGRIFTA)
Supplied as both an injectable liquid and dissolvable tablet (troche). This is a cold ship item that is sent overnight express shipping on ice.
Injectable - Supplied: 8mg per ml in a 3 ml vial = 24 mg per vial
Male Dosing: :1 mg subcutaneous to the abdomen in the am pre-work out and 1 mg before bed six nights a week
Female Dosing: 1 mg subcutaneous to the abdomen at night before bed
Troche - Supplied: 1 mg per troche
Dose: dissolve 1 tablet under the tongue or next to the inner cheek at night before bed 6 nights a week. Dose may be increased for men to twice a day
- Preferred timing of administration is least 90 minutes after last meal
- No more than 60 days in a row then 2-4 weeks off
WHAT ARE POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS WITH TESAMORELIN (EGRIFTA)
Tesamorelin is generally well tolerated. During the studies with Egrita, less than 4% of side effects were considered serious during a 26 week treatment protocol.
The most common side effects are:
- Arthralgia (muscle pain)
- Lower extremity swelling
- Slight difficulty with falling asleep
- Night sweats
- Redness and itching at the site of injection
STUDIES TO SUPPORT FAT LOSS WITH TESAMORELLIN (EGRIFTA)
There are many studies decribing and evaluating body fat loss with Tesamorelin.
- Clinical Review Report: Tesamorelin (Egrifta) Ottawa (ON): Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health; 2016 Aug.
- Effects of Tesamorelin (TH9507), a Growth Hormone-Releasing Factor Analog, in Human Immunodeficiency Virus-Infected Patients with Excess Abdominal Fat: A Pooled Analysis of Two Multicenter, Double-Blind Placebo-Controlled Phase 3 Trials with Safety Extension Data The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, Volume 95, Issue 9, 1 September 2010, Pages 4291–4304, https://doi.org/10.1210/jc.2010-0490