ABDOMINAL FAT LOSS PEPTIDE
WHAT IS TESAMORELIN (EGIFTA)
Tesamorelin is a long peptide made of 44-amino-acid that was created as a synthetic analog of growth hormone-releasing hormone (GHRH), which is normally produced in the hypothalamus.
It stimulates the pituitary gland in your brain to increase your body’s natural production of growth hormone
Tesamorelin is owned by Canadian pharmaceutical company Theratechnologies and was approved by the FDA in 2010 for the treatment of lipodystrophy (i.e. unusual body fat distribution) in HIV patients under the name “EGRIFTA”:
WHAT RE THE BENEFITS OF TESAMORELIN (EGRIFTA)
Approved for treating lipodystrophy in HIV patients, many studies indicate that Tesamorelin has several benefits extend beyond just fat loss.
- Reduce fat tissue in the abdominal area
- May increase lean muscle mass
- Improve liver function
- May enhance cognition
- Lowers triglycerides
- May improve heart health
- Shown to be helpful in peripheral nerve damage
- Increase insulin growth factor (IGF-1), which can help to reduce glucose levels and thus weight.As a result,
HOW DOES AOD TESAMORELIN (EGRIFTA) WORK
It works primarily by binding to and stimulating GHRH receptors with similar potency as endogenous GHRH.
As a recap, Human Growth Hormone is a hormone secreted by the pituitary gland in the brain. It promotes visceral fat loss and muscle growth by stimulating the liver to release insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1). By doing so, IGF-1 triggers muscle protein production and muscle growth.
The released GH (growth hormone) then binds with the receptors present on various body organs and regulates the body composition. This regulation is mainly because of the combination of anabolic and lipolytic mechanisms. The main mechanisms by which Tesamorelin reduces body fat mass are lipolysis followed by reduction in triglycerides level.
Lypolysis is the metabolic pathway through which lipid triglycerides are hydrolyzed into a glycerol and free fatty acids. It is used to mobilize stored energy during fasting or exercise, and usually occurs in fat adipocytes.
WHAT IS THE DOSAGE OF TESAMORELIN (EGRIFTA)
Supplied as both an injectable liquid and dissolvable tablet (troche). This is a cold ship item that is sent overnight express shipping on ice.
Injectable - Supplied: 8mg per ml in a 3 ml vial = 24 mg per vial
Male Dosing: :1 mg subcutaneous to the abdomen in the am pre-work out and 1 mg before bed six nights a week
Female Dosing: 1 mg subcutaneous to the abdomen at night before bed
Troche - Supplied: 1 mg per troche
Dose: dissolve 1 tablet under the tongue or next to the inner cheek at night before bed 6 nights a week. Dose may be increased for men to twice a day
- Preferred timing of administration is least 90 minutes after last meal
- No more than 60 days in a row then 2-4 weeks off
WHAT ARE POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS WITH TESAMORELIN (EGRIFTA)
Tesamorelin is generally well tolerated. During the studies with Egrita, less than 4% of side effects were considered serious during a 26 week treatment protocol.
The most common side effects are:
- Arthralgia (muscle pain)
- Lower extremity swelling
- Slight difficulty with falling asleep
- Night sweats
- Redness and itching at the site of injection
STUDIES TO SUPPORT FAT LOSS WITH TESAMORELLIN (EGRIFTA)
There are many studies decribing and evaluating body fat loss with Tesamorelin.
- Clinical Review Report: Tesamorelin (Egrifta) Ottawa (ON): Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health; 2016 Aug.
- Effects of Tesamorelin (TH9507), a Growth Hormone-Releasing Factor Analog, in Human Immunodeficiency Virus-Infected Patients with Excess Abdominal Fat: A Pooled Analysis of Two Multicenter, Double-Blind Placebo-Controlled Phase 3 Trials with Safety Extension Data The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, Volume 95, Issue 9, 1 September 2010, Pages 4291–4304, https://doi.org/10.1210/jc.2010-0490